Richard Harke wrote:
I downloaded the w130n30 scenery tile so I could
have the area near to home. I tried starting up at
SMF (--airport=KSMF) but I get a very disturbing rocking
or bouncing effect (like a low rider)  This is with the brakes on
and the throttle at idle. In one case, the effect was so bad
I crashed nose down into the pavement and the simulation
froze. Two times I was able to wait it out and the other try
did not have this problem. A possibly related thing is
that sometimes the controls are not centered even though
the joystick is. For example, one time the yoke was rolled
full left thouh the joystick was centered. Moving the joystick
controls seems to fix this but it needs to be done before
applying power.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Do you have "--model-hz=60" or something similar in your ~/.fgfsrc or $FG_ROOT/data/system.fgfsrc file?

If so, you have to remove that to get rid of that effect.

Erik