That is precisely what puzzles me.

The DATA folder is in the same directory where fgfs is. And it contains all that you mention, ie: textures, models, scenery, aircraft, sounds, ...

??????
Al

On Dec 12, 2004, at 8:46 AM, Curtis L. Olson wrote:

Alfonso J. Lebron-Berges wrote:

This is the path I am using, and the results are the same. I think the use of "/" is right here or am I wrong?

Users/alfonsol/FlightGear0.9.6/fgfs; exit
[Alfonso-Lebron-Bergess-Computer:~] alfonsol% /Users/alfonsol/FlightGear0.9.6/fgfs; exit
Using Mac OS X hack for initializing C++ stdio...

Base package check failed ... Found version [none] at: /sw/share/FlightGear
Please upgrade to version: 0.9.6
logout

Again, I know little about the Mac or the Mac fgfs port, but this means you have the path to your fgfs binary correct, but look at the error message: "Found version [none] at: /sw/share/FlightGear"

This means by default fgfs is looking for the FG data tree in /sw/share/FlightGear. This error means that FG can't find it's data files (all it's textures, models, scenery, aircraft, sounds, config files, data files, etc. etc.)

You need to:

1) Make sure the fgfs data (often called "base package") is installed on your system.
2) Tell fgfs where to find it.
2a) you could either install it in the place the binary is looking for.
2b) you could install it someplace else and make /sw/share/FlightGear a symbolic link to the actual location.
2c) you could set your $FG_ROOT environment variable to point to the actual location.
2d) you could run fgfs with the --fg-root=/some/path/to/the/fgfs/data command line option.

Regards,

Curt.