On Wednesday 08 December 2004 18:03, Roy Vegard Ovesen wrote:
> On Thursday 14 October 2004 08:19, Chris Ridley wrote:
> > Found a very interesting program at http://learn.arc.nasa.gov/worldwind
>
> I've been playing around with World Wind, and I think that it would be
> possible to use it as a moving map display for FlightGear (just like
> Atlas). I tried to averlay a few NDB symbols onto the globe, and it worked
> great. I guess I should make some kind of script to parse the files in
> navaid and convert to World Wind's xml format.

I've made an add-on for World Wind. It includes all the navaids, fixes and
airports of the FlightGear database.

The names only appear when you zoom down below 1Mm, ILS localizers and markers
only appear below 10km. I also made some symbols, but since it is not
possible to define lod ranges for them, they would have cluttered the display
and probably halted World Wind.

http://home.tiscali.no/rvovesen/aeronautical.rar

Unpack it in the World Wind directory. Use the layer manager in World Wind to
select what to display.

There is no FG --> World Wind communication yet. But at least it can be used
as a fancy map ;-)

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen