[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

1) Do the radios actually do anything? What do they do?
Yes the navigation radio's provide signals to the flight instruments
to show the pilot were he is (NAV1 & NAV2).The communication radio's
provide a signal to the pilot to tell him were he is(COM1 & COM2)

2) If so, where can I learn how to use them, (the ones in flightgear).
I think there is a learn to fly somewere in the documentation.

3) How can I learn how to use the IFR, I think that's what it's called, The compasses with the adjustable pointers on them that are supposed to guide you into the runway?
Probably takes about two years of flying to get a basic knowledge.
But if you Google agound for things like ADF,VOR & ILS you may be able to
understand how the systems work.
It took 3 months of solid 8 hours a day in aicraft radio school to learn how these
systems work.And I am not sure 30 years later that I fully understand or believe
what I was taught.

HTH

Cheers
Innis