I'm trying to get a Logitech Attack 3 to work with FlightGear, but
things aren't going as FlightGear.org's documentation suggests.
Whenever I run js_demo and jstest, the joystick is recognized, so at
least that works correctly.

I'm running this on my dad's SuSE 9.1 Linux box, and SuSE seems to
treat FlightGear differently than other distros, as it has a
custom-made SuSE package for FlightGear (not the standard-issue rpm or
compiled-from-source), and many paths are different. For example, the
instructions say to run "cd /usr/local/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks",
but in SuSE, one must run "cd
/usr/lib/FlightGear/data/Input/Joysticks". This may have some effect
on why things aren't acting correctly:

Whenever I run fgjs, everything works fine to configure the joystick
to work. However, it's supposed to create the file fgfsrc.js, which
cannot be located anywhere on the hard drive. Has anyone else had a
problem with it not producing a configuration file? And could somebody
please assist me? Thank you.