Hi,

1. I have Athlon 1700+ XP + 0.5GB RAM + GeForce2Ti with 32MB RAM. In most cases the performance of FG is adequate, but there are situation when it becomes very slow.

So I am planing to upgrade the system, but not sure what to focus on first. FG maxes out the CPU to 100% so to some extend it is a bottleneck, but as somebody mentioned here before, that 32MB of the video card also imposes some limitations.

2. I run latest version of the FG on both Win 2K and Mandrake 10.0 (with Nvidia drivers of course). However I note very strange behavior under Linux. When the FG starts in the default window (I guess it is 640x480 or so), it performs quite well but when I try to resize/make bigger/maximize the window everything starts crawling. I do not observe it under Windows where it runs smoothly even under really high resolutions. I am not sure if it is due to the Linux and Windows use that 32MB of my poor GeForce differently or what? Any insight?

3. Last question, having in mind Linux as a target platform, ATI or Nvidia, which way to go?

Please advice,

Thanks, Andrzej