Jeff McBride wrote:

The socket interfaces *should* grap all pending packets and discard all but the most recent, so you shouldn't have a problem with building up a backlog (been there/done that.) :-)

Curt.

Curt,

Is this true for the generic interface? I am having delay problems still, and I am looking at FGGeneric::parse_message() and FGGeneric::process() in generic.cxx and I don't see how it is discarding all but the most recent. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, I guess I'll be fixing it or switching to the CTRLS packets. Looks like an easy enough fix. Has anyone ever compiled FG on MS Visual Studio?

I didn't write the "generic" interface so I don't know off the top of my head. If you are having delay problems and you don't see any facility for discarding extra packets, then it probably isn't doing that. The net_fdm and net_ctrls based stuff (binary structures) do discard extra packets and only keep the most recent.

Regards,

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d