On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:16:13 +0200, Roy wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi all!
>
> I've whipped together a python script that reads position from
> FlightGear and  instructs World Wind to goto that position. A couple
> of screenshots show just  how accurately the FlightGear scenery and
> the World Wind images correspond.
>
> http://82.164.122.241/~royvegard/
>
> I stripped down the playback.xml generic protocol into a new one
> called  ww.xml. The new one only outputs position and orientation.
> FlightGear ran on  a linux box sending the data to a winXP box with
> World Wind and my simple  python socket reader running.

..hey, hang on a sec here, you're competing _against_ GPL
http://earth3d.org/ (http://earth3d.org/faq.html) and favoring
Wintendo-only http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ !!! ;o)

..the best part here is we can use this scheme making our next
generation scenery, a photorealistic one.  ;o)

> Now... where is that aeronautical chart overlay  plugin for World
> Wind?!

..highlights off 'gg:flight "World Wind" GPL':
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=flight+%22World+Wind%22+GPL&btnG=Search
http://mappinghacks.com/software.shtml and
http://mappinghacks.com/index.cgi/qpsycho
(and http://opensourcegis.org/ )
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/index.html
http://www.maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=docs.html
http://www.maptools.org/fgs/
Data source:
http://www.freegis.org/database/?cat=1&_ZopeId=33216265A1ymbCrjpjM
http://www.freegis.org/database/?cat=53&_ZopeId=33216265A1ymbCrjpjM
Cities can be done off http://mappinghacks.com/data/ too.

..I have one too; at 85MB, this aint what I'd call a plugin, but is it
GPL'ed???  Thin is the flight planner "plugin" for XPlane:
http://www.xpgoodway.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=112&ttitle=GoodWay_3.1.0_Linux
And if it _is_ GPL, where is the source code URL???

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: