On Wednesday, 29 June 2005 19:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I haven't kept up to date with FG lately, and Google doesn't show any
> hits for this. What are the developers planning to do when DAFIF is no
> longer available starting October 1st - will FG keep using the last
> DAFIF, or are there plans to fork a version?
>
> Ari.
>
> https://164.214.2.62/dafif/dafif_0506_ed7/readme.txt

I'm not sure what we'll do.

We are not the only ones who will be affected.
I know that the MSFS people use the DAFIF data as well especially for the high
end addons like FMC and GPS units.

However I don't see it as being a real problem since it's only for flight sim
purposes. Having outdated data is not going to cause anyone to die.
You'll probably find that the flight sim community will create and update
their own source of data in the end.

Of course the more outdated the data becomes the less FG can be used for real
world training purposes.

Paul