On Wednesday 17 August 2005 20:12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> but I am still trying to figure out where to enter the  command.

I suspect you'd be best forgetting about trying to start FG from the command
line for the moment...

If you are using the Windows FlightGear launcher and the added aircraft are
not appearing in the selection panel, your most likely problem is that you've

1) Not uncompressed the downloaded tgz files

or possibly most likely 2) Uncompressed them in the wrong place.

You need to find your flightgear directory (as I don't use Windows, I can't
remember where the default location is).  In your FlightGear directory you
should have a directory called "Aircraft".

This directory should contain a subdirectory for each aircraft installed, and
nothing else (no files at all).  This is where you should extract your
downloaded aircraft to.  Had you downloaded the Spitfire for example, you
should have, within the Aircraft "folder" a directory named Spitfire which in
turn contains subdirectories and several files including the aircraft-set.xml
files.

If all these things are correct, I would be amazed if the downloaded aircraft
don't appear in the flightgear launcher selection window; I dare say some of
the Windows users here can correct me if I'm talking nonsense.

HTH,

AJ