On Saturday 03 September 2005 05:16, Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
> The functionality of the ATC is very limited at the moment, as the ATC will
> only tell you what runway you should be landing at through text messages.
> Vocal implementation of the ATC is non existant, neither is any
> "intelligent" element.

You might be underselling the ATC a little bit - you can (for some airports at
least) request an approach, and be guided in for landing.  EGNX is one of
those - it's based on the text messages, but works very well - I was
impressed.  There is a slightly "intelligent" aspect to that, I'd have
said...

Of course, there is also audible ATIS which is also very nicely done.

Audible ATC would be nice of course, but then so would all sorts of other
things - what you get for your money is already very impressive :-)

AJ