I've installed several times Flight-Gear  on AMD Duron 1600 / 512Mb DDR on Windows XP. The video card is Geforce 2 mx400 / 128Mb .
The launcher works ok (the images have good rendering aspect > 15fps) BUT the program fgfs is almost blocked from the start. The image change once at every 5-7 seconds. The same abou the maneu . if I move/click  over the menu ,for example ,the event is processed after 6 seconds!!!

What could be the reason for this extremely low performance?!  I tried to start fgfs from command line , with no option , the same thing happens (low performance in event processing and rendering (1 frame /6 seconds)), with the default properties of course.

Please help.
TIA
nick

PS I intend the next step to compile the program and to create local maps. But I need first to start it working !!!