On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 08:16 +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:33:25 +1000, Shelton wrote in message
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > Hi Innis
> >
> > This is what I get in the console when running the 737:
> >
> > This aircraft model is a BETA release!!!
> >
> > This aircraft model probably will not fly as expected.
> >
> > Use this model for development purposes ONLY!!!
>
> ..the idea here is weed out the whining weenies and invite coders to fix
> it.  Second step is identify as many errors as possible, and, fix them.

Personally, There is nothing wrong with telling a user that the aircraft
is a pre-release and is expected to have problems.

> ..as these errors get harder to spot, we move on to the flaws,
> and after those we can think about moving the 737 out of beta.
> Welcome onboard for a bumpy ride. ;o)

First, I haven't seen that message in the CVS version of the 737. I took
it for a quick flight and made a few turns. But as I couldn't find the
airport again, I exited flightgear.

Secondly, I'll blame turbulence for the bumpy ride. :-)

George Patterson