David C. Chipman wrote:

Hi all,
                This is the error I get in the terminal window when starting
fgfs:

opening file: /usr/share/FlightGear/data/Navaids/carrier_nav.dat
X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request:  16 (X_GLXVendorPrivate)
Serial number of failed request:  42
I too see this issue and it is preventing me from being able to use 0.9.9 at all. My PC is able to run 0.9.8 with no issue. 0.9.9 fails with the
GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest error.

My platform is Linux (Fedora Core 4), Intel 32-bit, ATI 9600SE video with open source drivers. My reading of this is that the FG code now generates an X Window request that is non-standard and which only works with some cards.