-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert S.
Galloway
Sent: Friday, 20 May 2005 6:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Flow-tools] Strange Router Export Issue

DDOS was our first thought, but there's a couple of problems with that.
Normally a DDOS (at least the ones we've seen) have a specific target,
this
does not. Also, it usually uses one type of traffic/packet/etc. This is
spread out like normal traffic, just a whole lot more of it.

Thanks,

Robert S. Galloway
Chief Network Security Engineer
IKANO Communications
Network Operations Department
...the team behind the machines
Securityguy_AT_ikano.com
801-415-8089

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something,
some time in your life." -- Winston Churchill