On 11.01.2011, at 18:15, Greg Ercolano wrote:
> Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
>> Thus, we shouldn't bother to provide a main.html file, but rather
>> add a sample html page for the html viewer test (as Greg volunteered
>> to do already) and add appropriate browser links where needed.
>
>       Mike might have a point about making separate simple fluid docs
>       that can be used as a 'test' for the help program.

I read it, sounds good.

+1

>       These we'd write ourself, and these could limit themselves to
>       the HTML subset our widget supports.
>
>       In that doc it could link to the local and/or website docs,
>       eg:
>
>               FLTK Docs:<A
> HREF="file://path/to/localdocs/html/index.html">(local)</A>

The above would be an autoconfigured path, or optional an expanded
environment variable?

>                       <A HREF="http://fltk.org/path/to/fltkdocs";>(website)</A>

I guess, this would be fix for a particular FLTK version...

That all sounds very good, especially since I detected the changed
layout in doxygen 1.7.3 (no internal non-frame version, i.e. no
main.html file, using XHTML, lots of css and I don't know what
else ...). We simply shouldn't rely on our help viewer to be able
to open a doxygen'erated file.

You said that you wanted to write such a simple HTML file, right?

I'd say: go ahead, so that we have at least the 'head' file(s) that
can be almost empty for 1.3.0, maybe only containing the links
and some text that this is work in progress. Or whatever you can
manage to do... TIA.

+1

Albrecht