One of the things I liked about the old 1.1.x docs
was we were able to make comments against the docs.
Kinda handy for users.

Not sure how to pull this off with doxygen, but perhaps
we can make a post-process for our doxygen website pages
that hooks some HTML at the bottom of all the doxygen pages
that allows users to comment.

Perhaps a special documentation/Makefile target can be added
to do this.

I'm willing to look into it. I know the website will be changing
soon, so I'll probably try to make it as generic as possible,
perhaps with server side includes or javascript or some such.