On 08/21/11 09:06, asif saeed wrote:
> Is there any code example illustrating constructing an FLTK based GUI
> dynamically? Particularly, the menu bar/menus/menu items? Can you provide
> any guidelines as to how to proceed in this direction?

        See the fltk 1.3.0 example/menubar-add.cxx which shows how
        to dynamically construct a menu bar, and also how to dynamically
        change an item's state using find_item().

        Also, there's several Fl_Menu oriented examples on my cheat page,
        in particular:
        http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/#Menu_ChangeLabel

        find_item() can be used to find an item pointer by its 'pathname';
        once you have the item's pointer, you can mess around with its
        contents using the Fl_Menu_Item methods (see the docs).

        Conversely, item_path() can be used to convert an item
        back into a pathname.

        If you ^F search the cheat page for "Fl_Menu", you'll find other
        insights as well on working with Fl_Menu and its derivatives
        (such as Fl_Menu_Bar)