On 08/21/11 09:22, asif saeed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I could prevent my widgets from getting added to fltk
> groups automatically and have the ability to add fltk widgets to fltk groups
> myself - dynamically?

        begin() and end() are the way to control this.

        If you end() the parent window, for instance, then widgets
        will be created but not attached to a parent, in which case
        to attach them, you can use the appropriate Fl_Group::add(Fl_Widget*)
        to parent them, which is something you should do quickly, otherwise
        the widget might pop up in a window of its own.

        When I want to add widgets, I usually call the parent's begin(),
        then create the widget, then call the parent's end(). If I don't
        want the widget to show up right away, I'd call hide() to hide it
        from being shown, then later call show() to show it.

        If you're trying to create a bunch of widgets that you want to
        be able to re-parent from one widget to another, you should be
        able to use Fl_Group::remove() and Fl_Group::add() to move the
        widgets around.

        Note that Fl_Window derives from Fl_Group, so the add()/remove()
        methods mentioned above applies to windows too.