>> X_CreatePixmap: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
>> X_CopyArea: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0xa00043
>> X_FreePixmap: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) 0xa00043

> I have no local access.

        Just curious: when you say there's "no local access",
        does this mean you're using a remote desktop,
        or is the app running over a remote X display?
        (export DISPLAY=someremote, etc)

        Perhaps the messages are showing up when the tile size
        approaches 0 in width or height, and this is causing
        the remote X display mapping to print those errors.

        If so, probably the way to avoid the errors would be
        to prevent the tile program from sizing a tile smaller
        than zero on width or height, as it seems to be exposing
        these errors.

        Or, perhaps we're doing something wrong in FLTK when it
        comes to our X calls when dealing with windows of zero
        width or height.