On 04/21/12 15:44, Matthias Melcher wrote:

> On 22.04.2012, at 00:34, Greg Ercolano wrote:
>
>> Ya, I guess I'll try it with the next large checkin I do for Fl_Tree.
>>
>> I haven't looked at the config; I assume an anon user can't just
>> do an SVN checkin of a spambot hidden in the Makefile so that doing
>> an svn checkin won't run their bot?
>>
>> If you want, you can probably limit checkins to just us devs; you
>> can probably just assign us login names and passwords via direct email
>> to protect your build farm.
>
> It uses the svn repo on fltk.org. So, yes, you are right,
> fudging the Makefile would be quite harmful :-(

        Ah, OK, I saw something about 'anon' in your first post,
        so I thought maybe anonymous had access.

        If you're pulling the fltk.org trunk and building it,
        that sounds safe enough, since it's just the devs that
        have write access.

        And an anon trigger of a job probably isn't a bad thing,
        since the stuff the job runs is fixed and not world writable.

        You could probably passwd protect the job trigger, or
        put it in the dev menu (which lets us trigger website updates),
        or maybe you already have -- I haven't really looked into this
        yet, my mind elsewhere at the moment.

        But when I do my big checkin, I'll look forward to a cross platform
        build; I'm always bad about windows, cause I hate the damn IDE.
        Not crazy about the OS either.. I keep that box off mostly.