On 01/25/13 09:47, Moses McKnight wrote:
> Thanks for the information, but this is just one temporary dialog
> brought up by a menu item from the main window of the program.  It looks
> like using Fl::wait() is doing the trick so I'll keep using that I believe.

        Yes, if you want the dialog to block the rest of the app,
        such as the way fl_ask() and fl_message() do, I suppose
        that's what you'd want.

        Usually though you just open the dialog and return to the
        application loop, and the app loop will drive the dialog.
        The 'Close' or 'OK' button usually would invoke a callback
        to process the data in the dialog, and then hide() it.