> > I recently have noticed, that FLTK 1.3.2 don't build any more on
> SunOS
> > 5.7 because the fl_scandir() funktion was removed since 1.3.0 (the
> > version I have used before). This was documented in STR #2687.
>
> Yes - we were pulling in an implementation that was *probably*
> not compatible with our licence and had to drop it.
>
> But... we thought that it was unlikely to affect any users.
>
> Does your SunOS not have an implementation of scandir
> that can be used?
> (I confess I thought it did, but do not know...)

I don't have access to any SunOS machines these days, but a brief
sojourn on the Oracle docs site yielded:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19620-01/805-3175/6j31emp7u/index.html

(Setting aside any issues I may have with looking on Oracles site
to find out about SUN, or course...)

Which appears to indicate that SunOS 5.7 (Last Revised 28 Jan 1998)
has a scandir with this prototype;

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/dir.h>

char *dirname;
struct direct *(*namelist[]);
int (*select(.),(*dcomp)();

int scandir(dirname,
            namelist,
            select,
            dcomp);

Whereas we are more hoping for something like...

#include <dirent.h>

int scandir(const char *dirp,
            struct dirent ***namelist,
            int (*filter)(const struct dirent *),
            int (*compar)(const struct dirent **, const struct dirent **));

But it does look as if, with a bit of poking, that (the SunOS
version) ought to work. So...

> Is it possible the problem is that our configure script
> is not detecting scandir correctly on your host?

I have to suspect that this is the case.

Can you investigate (if you have access to a suitable host to
test on) and see if we can figure out what's up here.

Or... make an fl_scandir() wrapper for the SunOS scandir()
to see if that will work instead.