On 03/13/13 15:06, Greg Ercolano wrote:
> On 03/13/13 14:35, Richard Sanders wrote:
>> fl_alert seems to crash when supplied with a format field and the
>> required parameters.  I used the exact same as sprintf (that does not
>> crash). This is for win64 and mingw64 with FLTK-1.3.2 (all compiled 64
>> bit). I have not tried in Linux or win32.
>>
>> This is not really bothersome because passing the sprintf pre
>> formatted string works.
>>
>> Is this a coding bug or a document bug that needs to be fixed.
>
>       Can we see some example code that crashes?

        BTW, does the FLTK test program "message" work for you?
        If you recently built FLTK, run it.. the second dialog
        (which starts with "Quantum fluctuations") uses fl_alert()
        with %g as part of its format string.

        FWIW the following works OK with 1.3.2 on linux:

#include <FL/Fl.H>
#include <FL/Fl_Window.H>
#include <FL/fl_ask.H>
int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
    int i = 12;
    float f = 34.56;
    const char *s = "hello world";
    fl_alert("Testing an int(%d) a float (%.2f) and a string (%s)",i,f,s);
    return Fl::run();
}