Hi Paul.

I have tried a number of possible solutions to send audio to headphones or speakers via wireless. I am using an electronic sax with built-in synth, and want to be able to move around without wires AND with undetectable latency. I tested standard bluetooth headphones, bluetooth speakers, dongles with APTX, and so on. The two acceptable solutions from a latency viewpoint I found are:

1. my Phonak bluetooth hearing aids. They have a special dongle which connects to the audio source, and are made for watching TV with the TV speakers on. You don't want delays between hearing aids and the broadcast sound. This simply shows that it can be done via bluetooth, but  the hearing aids cost AUD8000 and the dongle is too big for use with my instrument.

2. the Line6 G10 Relay. It's a mono dongle that plugs into a guitar and send the audio to a larger receiver that is connected to your audio system. This is what I am using for my sax. It is a non-bluetooth wireless system. However, if you plug your bluetooth headphones into the audio system, you'll get the latency again.

So these are probably not solutions for your application, they are just to illustrate my (generally bad) experience with "low latency" bluetooth audio.

Ben