Hi,

We were trying to design a multi-tenanted system using flume-ng, where each
logically independent data set is modelled through a channel going through the
system of collectors, aggregators and delivery agents (to end destination).
Each channel will carry data that logically belong together. The requirement is
that we should be able to bring up and tear down a channel with ease.

When we completed the exercise, it turned out that we have to run a separate
Source/Sink, at a designated host/port combination for each channel. The issue
with this is that, it is an operational overhead that we have work with net-ops
to punch holes in the firewall to let tcp traffic flow on non-standard ports. I
would imagine that it would be the case in many organizations as well.

Two questions.

1. Did I get the modeling right with flume-ng
2. Is there a better way to do it at a platform level
            2.1 I know if I can write a bunch of custom sinks/sources and embed
a notion of channel to which each events belong to in the message, I can
effectively mux and demux the events at either ends.
            2.2 Which means the default support for channel is also not of much
use