Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> Yes, I know of John McLaughlin if you mean the guitarist who studied Eastern music
>and

> > did jazz fusion. Same guy?
>
> Yep ! From England. He did some nice music in 69 with Tony Williams
> Lifetime. "Emergency" was one of my favourite music some years ago.

Yeah, have heard of Tony Williams too, the drummer. I never really spent much time
listening to fusion. It has sort of a bad reputation among more purist jazz musicians.
More
of a post-bop man myself: Monk, Ornette Coleman etc. then all the New York
improvisational
stuff (80's). Then Fred Frith and his sort of idiosyncratic activities and projects.
But
that was a couple of years ago and I've lost track of it all at this point.

RA