>Did he have a day job? Stuff like that interests me. If the
>artist really wants to be depersonalized, let him/her get a day job in a
>factory, corporation or fast food restaurant.

The interesting thing is that Cage's works are filled with hardly nothing
but anecdotes and other snippets from his life!

While working in a factory or a corporation can be deadening, I think Cage's
works can help us enliven that situation. Working can be good too. I think
its possible to appreciate it -- which is not to say we shouldn't try to
improve our work situations in light of what we can appreciate about it....

cheers,
George