Heiko:

Some people's ideas of boring are boring.

After 20 years of friendship and encouragements
(with dinners and various "get-togethers" with
him), I can readily say that John was not boring.
He wasn't the kind of "slap-you-on-the-back"
"hardee-har-har" kinda fella. His conversations
were not filled with the verbal detritus that
often fills the "uncomfortable" silences during a
conversation. Few words that were almost always
well-chosen. We could all learn from his economy
of words. Especially me!

Rod

--- Heiko Recktenwald
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Somebody was lucky enough to have lunch with
> Cage, who visited her Prof.
> And she said he was absolutely uninteresting
> and boring, can you imagine
> that ?

=====
http://rostasi.8m.com
http://members.aol.com/HuntJerry/index.htm
"(oboe) was for opium...A movement was a pound, sixteen bars in a movement...He'd
(call me and) say 'I want six bars of the sonata for oboe'" - John Cale speaking of
how he and LaMonte Young used to execute drug deals ("What's Welsh for Zen")