Heiko:

I understand the "nature" of what you're saying,
it's just that I don't see the harm done (either
NOW or LATER). So, a company uses the name
"Fluxus" and possibly gets GREAT recognition and
the word "Fluxus" is heard 'round the world - on
every doorstep - in every supermarket and cafe -
written on every bathroom stall door in every
sleezy dive in the world.

SO WHAT?

As long as they don't cast aspersions on our
integrity. Again, I'll quote Allen:

use of the
word "Fluxus" than that
would be an entirely different matter.  I would
participate in efforts to
resist that."<<<<<<<<

He's absolutely right!

The type of lawsuit that you're speaking of
usually comes about when the plaintiff feels
threatened. (S)he feels that their livelihood,
wealth, status, etc are somehow endangered. Is
this the case here?

I find the idea that WE, as a discussion list,
are somehow threatened, a laughable proposition!
The majority of us here (VERY few exceptions)
have NO direct link to the movement whatsoever
and we could surmise that those who DO (both "on"
AND "off" the list) either don't even know what
we're talking about or if they do, only have the
wispiest of interest in the matter.

"Dada Dildoes"; "Frank's Fluxus Frankfurters";
"Conceptual Connections Dating Service";
"Lettrisme On-Line Stamps"; "Mel's Medieval
Mesostic Playground and Hunting Lodge".

WHAT'S THE BIG THREAT? Nobody has convinced me of
this. You may say: "Well, those would be small
companies and not have an impact." O.K. Let's say
the new Microsoft breakup is now two companies:
"Windows" and "Fluxus". Are WE still in danger of
something?

Also, being "more established" doesn't mean a
thing in this context. I could tell you that the
"Leonardo" art/science mag. has been around since
1968, but length of time means nothing unless
someone's EGO is threatened (again, wealth,
status, etc) and a lawsuit is brought forth.

...and this brings me back to the position taken
by a few listmembers of raising your arms and
talking about contacting lawyers (and
UNBELIEVABLY, actually contacting the people that
we hope won't bring a lawsuit on US!) This is
what I meant, Heiko, when I said:

> [...]
our little world..."<<<<<<<<

not that they reinvented the name, but rather,
they probably don't even know about this little
group of a hundred or so people on a discussion
list who discuss an "art movement" known as
"Fluxus" - but...you know...THEY DO NOW! and
GREAT GOBS! WE'RE GONNA TELL 'EM JUST HOW PISSED
OFF WE ARE ABOUT THEM TAKING OUR LITTLE NAME.

We've got the fire extinguisher in our hands and
ready to pull the pin at a time when "THEY"
haven't even asked, "Hey, gotta light?"

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Now, that I'm done with that...

On some of the posts, I've noticed that only the
headings are showing up (with no text in the body
portion). Sol and a few others (including me)
have posted replies with none of the body text
showing up. Is that happening just on my machine?

nut(case)like,

Rod

=====
http://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/bremsstrahlung.html

Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." - Dan Quayle