Myke wrote:

>How about if somebody scans the pages and rips the audio from their copies
and then puts them on the web for everybody to enjoy?

This would be very beneficial because people who'd never know about Mr.
Burch
and his mag otherwise would suddenly be enlightened to them!<

Well really I don't understand why Lightworks doesn't have a web prescence.
There is now an e-mail address but I got no answer from it when I tried it.
Lightworks is a sporadic publication to say the least but when the issues
arrive they really are excellent.

As for scanning the magazine and ripping the audio...I don't think it would
work so well. The CD has a silhouette-like photo of Ray Johnson on
it....really nice design...I don't know how interesting the audio would be
as standalone files...it's kind of a package thing. It's different with
music etc. but when I've heard mp3s of poets/readings etc. I find them a bit
dull/lifeless...but on a CD or vinyl somehow it feels different..it may just
be me or maybe the computer takes something away I don't know. Certainly as
far as the text from the articles goes I'd like to see these on the web in
the same way as Judith posts Umbrella articles at colophon.com .

>P.S. Howzitgoin', Sol?  Long time!<

I've been doing less art stuff recently...more computing..need to update my
skills and catch up with stuff...also finally got to have a go at gameboy
development (C not assembler)..there's quite a big scene of homebrew roms
etc. My stuff's only running on an emulator at the moment but I'm looking
into getting a machine to write the carts. It's quite fun, like programming
home computers rather than PCs (it's that ole z80 processor I guess)....Myke
if you're an old C64 fan you'd probably enjoy it. Nice to get away from
windows for a bit..although you're reminded of how many extra tools there
are these days when you go back to straight C and compiling from the command
line, writing Dos batch files etc.......kind of a trip down geek memory lane
;-)

cheers,

Sol.