Roger Stevens wrote:

>Surely there's a difference between a Dadaist who disrupts
>a theatre performance
>and a heckler who spoils everyone's enjoyment?
>
>Or is there?

Is there a difference? I don't think the Dadaists felt themselves
privledged, i.e. "card-carrying members of the Dada Club," to be able to do
such things. They were, if I may speak of them as a group, fighting against
such privledge or ideology. Who was more Dada? The Dada poets who provoked
riots in the theater, or the theater-goers who did the rioting? Who was more
Dada, a Dada poet who strung nonsense words together, or a drunk in street
stringing nonsense words together? Perhaps the latter in both cases as they
lack the Intention to create Art.

Maybe not.

Good question, though.

-Josh Ronsen