alan bowman wrote:

> http://digilander.iol.it/freeformfreakoutorg/index.html
>
> think i got the graphics problem sorted out
>
> now i cant get my page links to work!!!
>
> i fcuinkg hate computers!!!!!
>
> anybody??

Me!

Dear Allan,

checking your page

        http://digilander.iol.it/freeformfreakoutorg/index.html

I saw following errors:

A. The JavaScript-Function
        onLoad="timerONE=window.setTimeout('scrollit_r2l(100)',500);"

is not working, because 'scrollit_r2l' is not defined.

B. For the HMTL:

1. replace all '\' with '/' - we're in UNIX...

2. replace all '/fffo/' with '/freeformfreakoutorg/'
        - watch the slashes, because you have several files named FFFO...
        (me think, you'll have no subdirectectory fffo)

3. Following picture is really missing:

        /freeformfreakoutorg/images/music.gif

BTW: Are you sure, you must use such big animations on the frontpage -
up to 153 KByte each - sum up to 600 KB!
That means on ISDN approx. 1.5 minutes to download at full speed - and
your server is not that fast.
As you are scaling them down in the browser, it would be much better
to make the original gif smaller - better for quality and transfer
amount!
Moreover the images are distorted, e.g. fruit.gif is scaled
from 259 x 54 pix to 200 x 60 pix.

4. The tag <MARQUEE> is Windoze Internet Explorer specific.
Visitors with reasonable standard browsers like Netscape won't see the
effect.

5. The links in white font on white background seem to be intended.
Then the part

<FONT SIZE=3 COLOR=Red>"<A HREF="http://www.nutscape.com/fluxus/homepage/">THE FLUXUS
HOMEPAGE"</A></FONT>

must read (watch the position of the 2nd ")

<FONT SIZE=3 COLOR=Red>"<A HREF="http://www.nutscape.com/fluxus/homepage/">THE FLUXUS
HOMEPAGE</A>"</FONT>

to obtain the same effect as for the other links.

Maybe you have to do the named changes for all pages.

Yours sincerely

Ernest Lergon

                VIRTUALITAS
Artists online, Fine Arts online, Poets online
        http://www.virtualitas.com/