generated by http://www-csag.cs.uiuc.edu/individual/pakin/complaint

My complaint about Fluxlist
Why is it that some people are so devoid of a sense of humor? Naturally, I'm
referring to Fluxlist's latest canards. One of the first facts we should
face is that if this letter did nothing else but serve as a beacon of truth,
it would be worthy of reading by all right-thinking people. However, this
letter's role is much greater than just to help you reflect and reexamine
your views on Fluxlist. If Fluxlist wanted to, it could create profound
emotional distress for people on both sides of the issue. It could give rise
to the worst sorts of hotheaded grizzlers there are. And it could portray
foul-mouthed misanthropes as ogres. We must really not allow Fluxlist to do
any of these. So what if Fluxlist hates me for pointing out that its
litanies have led to date rape, domestic violence, pornography, and other
social ills? Let it hate me. I consider such hatred a mark of honor, a mark
of distinction. Now that you've heard what I've had to say, I want you to
think about it. And I want you to join me and speak out against behavior and
speech that is intended to force me to call the police.