Rod Stasick writes:

>1 Million Microphones = 1 Megaphone

Actually, 1 million microphones would be a phone, and a million phones would be a
megaphone (in America at least, I know in England some of the terms are different).
So, a million million microphones would be a megaphone.

This is somewhat odd, as every phone contains a microphone, so is the microphone in
the handset included in the million, so if you added 999,999 microphones to a phone
(which contains a microphone), you would have 2 phones? Then you could seperate the 2
phones thus getting 2 million microphones, where you only started with a phone and
999,999 microphones. Surely this is impossible. There must be as of yet un-documented
Law of Conservation of Microphones, or something...

>453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound cake
>2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
>Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
>2000 lbs of Chinese Soup = Won Ton
>Time it takes to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile/hour = Knot-Furlong
>Weight an evangelist carries with god = 1 Billigram

In a very silly book I read in High School ("Science Made Stupid"?) (also applicable
to my High School), they had a list of definitions like this, the only one that
lingers in my memory is

1 millihelen = amount of beauty needed to launch 1 ship.

Ha ha.

-Josh Ronsen
http://www.nd.org/jronsen

ps: who was reading Durrell's "The Black Book"? Reed? I picked it up again, (3rd time
in 3 years), got to page 97, and now I am distracted by a biography of Caravagio. Did
you finish? Can you inspire me to finish?  It is a difficult book to finish, this
Black Book.

ps: Roger, don't give Princess Petal the definition to conceptual art: she would only
abuse it in her dePraved, aPPalling, Pernicious, reProbate, rePrehensible Petal
Plans... Or am I thinking of someone else?

Before you buy.