hehe
allen, this reminded me of a time in the mid-70s when i was visiting
at richard heyman's in spring street. (he was doing dreamscape, EAR
magazine and new wildnerness activities with charlie morrow at that
time, among other things.)  he and some friends had recently bought
the bar downstairs, painting over the curly bits on the 'B' of the
neon 'BAR' sign so that it now proclaimed itself as 'EAR' - EAR Inn.

alone in the flat, i answered the phone. a woman asked for richard
heyman and i replied he was downstairs tending bar and could i take a
message. after some silence she replied, 'yes, tell him the
alterations are finished and his tuxedo is ready. if he'd like it can
be sent to him by messenger'. sometime later i relayed the message,
seeing nothing amiss in the idea of tuxedo alterations. one never
knows what a performance will entail nez pas.

i relayed the message which was received strangely enough.  it wasn't
until a later time that i learned of the Other richard heyman, chef
d'orchestre, also living in manhattan, and the occasional namesake
gaffes.

i've no idea what happened to the tuxedo.  i pause and wonder: did
the Other richard heyman ever experienced the joyous dissonances of
an ocarina orchestra?
--

allen bukoff writes :
Noticed an unusually large number of web visitors to the fluxus
portal page <www.fluxus.org> today (2,428 vs. daily average of 61
hits).  Sleuthing led to the following news item:

Tuesday May 8, 2:46 am Eastern Time
BT swaps Fluxus for greater share of I.Net
LONDON, May 8 (Reuters) - British Telecommunications Plc said on
Tuesday it was exchanging its French web-hosting business, Fluxus,
for an additional shareholding in Italian web=hosting operation I.Net
.
BT already holds a majority stake in I.Net.
``There is a strong strategic fit between Fluxus and I.Net,'' BT said
in a statement.
.