in the e-mail today, seems like a noble cause.
Sol.
Friends, enemies and associates,

Each year at about this time I write to most of you to implore that you
donate some hard earned cash to a charitable cause. In keeping with my ever
changing moodandphilosophy, this year is slightly different. In 2002 I have
poured a load of time and no small amount of cash attempting to get a hit
single through theGatesof Hellfor John Otway. Otway had his one and only
hit in 1977 ? the famous summer of Punk ? with 'Really Free'. It got to
number 27 and sold about 125,000 copies. Otway was 25 years old then, this
year on the 2(superscript: nd) of October he is 50 years Young and will be
assaulting the charts with his rip roaring anthem 'Bunsen Burner' which
will be unleashed to the world on Monday 30(superscript: th) September.

Bored with pre-fab pulp and pap as I am, I thought it would be time to make
a difference.

Gareth Gates' version of 'Suspicious Minds' released today as a double
A-side with 'The Long and Winding Road' duet featuring the other young pop
idol is set to smash sales records again, through marketing, media and
distribution muscle. To top it all, young Gareth, who no doubt has no
choice in the matter, signs off with 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Gareth Gates
has left the building'. This must surely be the biggest spat of all time?In
case you are lost look up spat in the concise Oxford Dictionary under
tasteless bullshit?

25 years on since some of us thought we changed music forever, the music b
izo has just become a pasteurised sausage machine, churning out 'product'
from 'good looking types'. Gareth and Will are not the problem, the fat
cats who define the formulae are.

You have the chance to register a protest vote and purchase 'Bunsen Burner'
cat number OTWAY02X, OTWAY02Y, AND OTWAY02Zwhich will be available in three
CD versions at all branches of HMV and Virgin amongst others next Monday 30
(superscript: th) September. If you cannot hit the stores personally you
can order on line from HMV www.hmv.co.uk ? just search for Otway and the
singles will come up. It has been a right old struggle to even get the
stores to stock the single, on full SOR of course?..Radio play listing was
withdrawn on account of September 11(superscript: th) (work that one out of
you can?.) but Radio 2 have started to play it so listen outfor it.

In case you think anyone will be profiting from this sale, forget it. We
have actually spent a considerable amount of cash to prove the point. We
expect a top 10 seller, the fan club have been working behind the scenes to
spread the wordyou see, but if you can find time and £2.99 (more if you
want of course) we can get a Hit in spite of the system and Otway can get
his 50(superscript: th) birthday present. He may even get a slot on TOTP if
they are ready for the maniac of course?..

Power to the people and all that?

I can be your Bunsen Burner baby,

I can be your naked flame.

(See attached file: image003.jpg)
(See attached file: image002.jpg)
(See attached file: image001.jpg)
(See attached file: image001.jpg)
(See attached file: image002.jpg)
(See attached file: image003.jpg)
(See attached file: image003.jpg)
(See attached file: image002.jpg)
(See attached file: image001.jpg)
(See attached file: image003.jpg)
(See attached file: image002.jpg)
(See attached file: image001.jpg)
(See attached file: image001.jpg)
(See attached file: image002.jpg)
(See attached file: image003.jpg)

Albert Marshall
Legal and Business Affairs Associate
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
http://www.scee.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.

 SCEE 2002