From: Owen Smith
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 1/29/2004 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Fw: Nam June Paik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Following  Jon Hendricks, the anouncement sheets were done and
distributed
>through Maciunas, but the actual posts were done by Paik (even if Jon
>Hendricks publishes an abstracts from letters from Maciunas to Paik and
Bob
>Watts that can make one think the contrary )
>I'm sure there were not many of them, and only between 1963 and the
>beginning of 1964 (anyway, before Paik left Germany), but the
anouncements
>are more commons (Maciunas issued more than 150 of them)
>Codex is quite clear about that (see PP. 430-433 of the Fluxus Codex),
but
>not complete about the diffusion.

Yes Bertrand I know that Paik sent out some of them but I have also seen
some that were clearly not sent out by Paik - or at least the
handwriting of the address is clearly not Paik's and so I made an
assumption  (wrong?) that it was tomas' or maybe
it was someone just helped him write the addresses??

>The easiest would be to ask Paik, isn't it?
>Any volunteer?

Yes it would but given his health I am not sure that would be a good
idea, but then again it might be just the thing. . . .

>Bertrand.
>PS: however, my main problem remain: what the hell one could or should
or
>would pay for several different copies?

Very hard to tell, since there are so many variables, but since I have
seen several small Paik posters and other printed materials from the
same period go for 100-300 dollars (and higher) my somewhat educated
guess is that they would be at least in
this range if not a fair amount more.

Owen