> Hi all,
>
> It's 25 years today since Sid Vicious died

how strange...just last night we sat down and watched julien temple's 'the
filth and the fury' - the sex pistols bio.  i had no idea it was sid's
anniversary.

for those who don't know the story or even the reason for the pistols, and i
suppose realistically we can include a large majority who weren't in the uk
around the outbreak of british punk, i recommend the film.

i remember the pistols being banned, especially from top of the pops, so i
didn't see them on the tv at the time (i was 11), but i do remember hearing
the music, and seeing 'pan's people', a tv dance outfit dancing to 'pretty
thing'.  it had quite an effect on me, even at 11 years of age.

rip sid

and god save the queen! (we mean it maaaaam!"

alan  (ex malicious al of the malicious bros.  a rather crap, failed, uk
punk duet of yore)