phew! no time to read all these flux posts at all. i'll be back by mid-april.
roky erickson seems to be quite alive and was performing on march 19th somewhere in texas.
http://www.rokyerickson.net/

georgi must be going to search some eggs.

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:21:16 -0600
From: "David-Baptiste Chirot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Days of Yore...(or Eeyore or Eyesore or...)

<P>My friend who has visited with Roky a lot said he walks now with the
"thorazine shuffle"--very sad to see--but that Roky is always in good
humor.</P>
<P>I would love to hear more re the Latin psych bands--the only ones I have
heard were on comps.</P>
<P>My oldest son said the most psychedelic music he ever heard was on a
Navajo reservation--the band was painted wild colors on their faces and
bodies and played psych mixed wth a hard core frenzy--and sang in Navajo</P>
<P>A great many American Indians I have known--including my first wife, a
Mohawk--(and I 'm part Ojibway)besides country music loved psych
music.&nbsp; One of my best friends in Boston was Little Brook Reen, an
Oglala Sioux.&nbsp; He had a huge collection of very rare psych lps.&nbsp;
(A good deal I know of psych lps is from him and his collection--he recorded
several for me also.) He kept them in special boxes in his van that he lived
in.&nbsp; A total psych experience--a converted old milk delivery
van--painted in Sacred patterns along with psych style images done in
hallucinatory colors.&nbsp; We often did record show together, sharing a
booth.&nbsp; He would toture collectors by walking through the&nbsp; crowds
carrying some of his rarest lps--they would follow him in a batch, making
loud demands and naming ever higher prices.&nbsp; Litlle Brook would just
smile at them, never say a
word, then return to our booth and put the lp behind the counter.&nbsp; He
told me it was a form of revenge on white people. "No more selling islands
for beads".<BR></P>
<P>I would love to hear of the Latin bands you know of.&nbsp; One band I
liked but is a punk garage sixties band--Los Diablos. (And there is always
Questin Mark and the Mysterians!)<BR></P></DIV>

--
Architektur
Georg Birkner Dipl. Arch. ETH