Title: Re: FLUXLIST: Fluxdrink Time

Friday May 20, 2005 6:00 PM EST - Fluxdrink

I will raise a glass of Canadian beer in a Fluxtoast to Fluxus and the Fluxlist

To honour this event I request that you post a Fluxdrink event story to the list.

Random entries, simultaneous entries, and ripple effect entries are all welcome. Non-entries, and anti-entries are especially welcome.

Allan

From: owner-FLUXLIST@scribble.com [mailto:owner-FLUXLIST@scribble.com] On Behalf Of Ann Klefstad
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 11:00 AM
To: FLUXLIST@scribble.com
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Fluxdrink Time

Ach nei— it’s my view that ingestion is a perfectly personal affair. But if people would like to note what they’re hoisting and if they wish why (what does the drink do to them, what’s the desired result?) that would be lovely. As noted, I usually think of drinks as dissolving something and leaving something in its place (water solvent to thirst, precipitates gratitude; whiskey solvent to thought, precipitates presence; milk solvent to oreos, precipitates memory and/or shame, so often the same thing; gin and tonic solvent to winter, precipates the desire to shed shoes; etc etc) --perhaps interesting to play this.

An agreed time— solstice, Midummer’s Day? (I believe called in England, what, St. John’s Eve, or Beltane, or some such?) Sundown? So it’s not simultaneous but rippling like a wave over the surface of darkening earth?