I think a good sit down with Mrs. and Master aND
while watching an episode may be the antidote.
I've only seen one, but I've seen many of the
different preview bits and I'm wondering what it is
about your life that they've decided can be put in
a nutshell? I would ask yourself what it is that is
the "opposite" of your lifestyle? They've paired
biker vs hippie...rich glamour vs hog farmer...
bible beater vs new ager...
(Of course, I've wondered if I'd have to sleep
with the woman considering that there's only
one bed in this 3 bedroom house...and bringing
in an extra bed would, itself, introduce an
unnatural situation...)

One thing is for sure: it is conflict-based programming
without an ounce of redemption. The producers do not
want 2 people passively observing
and "putting up with" the other's peculiarities,
but, rather, a situation where control is of the
utmost importance. They will try to match 2
different lifestyles where there will be at least
one person that will exert control over the other.
By what little I know of you, it seems as tho you
may NOT be that kind of person, SO, you must be
prepared to be paired with someone who'll be damned
if she's gonna put up with your current household
because that's what the producers will try to find.

The one episode that I DID see was the bible/tarot
that I mentioned earlier. When the show was unable
to make the mild-mannered new age fellow look bad
thru his actions (he really bent over backwards
for the WAY over-the-top righteous woman),
they proceeded to create tension between he and his wife
by having the crying, distraught, really WACK X-tian woman
meet with this man's wife near the end of the show.
Of course, the new age wife thought that her husband
had browbeat this woman and he had some 'splainin'
to do when she got home at the end of the week.

At least when PBS sends someone out to live in the 1800's
something is learned and appreciated by all involved (including the viewers),
but in the case of mass hypnosis TV, it's just...
send in the cleaning crew and clean the blood off the kitchen floor
and on to the next idea.
(By the way, next week you can watch famous figure skaters
leaving trails of blood on the ice for your amusement!)

As for the subverting...I'd grab a nice handheld camera
and for as much time as you could muster, point that thing
back at them (remember that you'll have at least 2 or 3
young people with shoulder-mounted cameras surrounding you.
I caught a glimpse of this during the psychotic X-tian freakout),
and then use the Fluxus art=life=art excuse and see how long
THEY would put up with it!

...and something tells me that you better read the contract
carefully...

good luck,

Rod