Reed--you could have paper--sheets or rolls--on the floor--to document all

splatters, chatters, matters, shatters--

these notations then could be used as dance instructions!

A couple of years ago as part of a show i was in in the uk i covered my floor
with a large sheet of paper and the worksurfaces with others.  the floor
remained covered for a calendar month, the bench covering was changed daily.
the bench coverings were annotated as marks were made, showing date, time
origin of the mark even down to the brandname and place of purchase of stuff
like coffee, olive oil etc.

the floor wasn't annotated but some of the more pronounced stains can be seen
here

http://freeweb.supereva.com/alanfffo.superdada/stains.html

the drawings have been scanned and are not to scale.

the floor covering wasn't used in the show (they didn't have enough space.

oh (an unrelated to the topic addendum)

the bench pieces were on old and fragile newsprint which i use a lot as it
degrades quickly, especially under bright light.  after spending hours
carefully pinning them up in a larg grid, about 3m x 4m i went for a coffee
(yes coffee!)

the head of the art dept at the university where the gallery was (i was invited
as ex-student made good!! oh how we laughed!), whilst showing around the mayor
and various dignitaries and vips, swanned in through the fire door in front of
my piece.

the draught blew most of the work off the wall.

his face was brilliant.  i fell about laughing, the rips after all were just
another part of these little pieces which recorded what had happened to
themselves, or something like that.

no body else in the gallery seemed to think it was funny.

i did get treat rather well though, and boy did i play up to it!  even got my
friend dave in to the vip party as my assistant david. we knew some of the
waiters from years ago who plied us most liberally with free wine and nibbles.
we were then invited to the opening of the degree show, to go and talk to
graduating studenst and offer critiques and advice - well i ask you!  would you
want advice from the director of an incompetent, non-existant arts organisation
who has actually forgotten what each of his aliases actually do?

still we were clever and went to the shows with the most beer and cigarettes.

i was that 'fluxus' guy from venice - i never said that.  they cjhose the label
- the gallery and the university.  does that make me fluxus? ;-)

anyway the floor piece is still in my garage - essentially it's a large piece
of dirty paper, but i like it.

viewings by appointment, drinks obligatory.

alan

Oh Odin's Underpants its a B(owman)LOG

http://bowmansramblings.blogspot.com/

Visit the Freeformfreakout Organisation Online:

http://www.freeformfreakoutorganisation.net