From: fme@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Raghavendran(SRG)
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 3:49 PM
To: fme@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [fme] Smallworld attribute data need to translate as microstation Geographics XDB

Hello Raveendra,
From my knowledge and from Safe's R/W manual:
When writing to GG/MGE, one of the Data Source types from ODBC, MDB or ORACLE has to be selected. Against the Database Server Name, an empty database has to specified which the writer uses to write all the tables like mscatalog, feature, etc. For instance, with Access (MDB) as the data source, an empty database *.mdb file would suffice. When an existing database is used, new records are appended to the existing tables. The username and password are optional and may or may not apply in every case.

Attached herewith is a sample GG project template, for you try with.
In any case let me know how it goes.
Good luck!
Cheers
SRG
India

Raveendra Uppala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We need to translate smallworld attribute data into microstation
GeoGraphics v7/V8 external database.with out creating any template mdb
can we get the database or if we need to create can you please suggest
with sample workspace or mdb.When we are trying to translate with blank
database following error occured "GeoGraphics writer cannot write to a
blank database. Please create the database using MGE or GeoGraphics and
try again"

Please let us know your comments

Thanks in advance

Raveendra

Get the maximum benefit from your FME, FME Objects, or SpatialDirect via our Professional Services team. Visit www.safe.com/services for details.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, s! ! end an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://mail.yahoo.com

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete the message from your computer without making any copies. Please see http://www.ge.com.au/help/email_privacy_policy.html for information about our privacy practices.