Mungkin ada yang bisa menarik ide atau mengadopsi program ASEG di bawah ini.

FHS
________________________________

        Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists
        WESTERN AUSTRALIA BRANCH

        Student Mentor Program

        First year at university is a big step for most students. During
their first semester, Geophysics students have a course in English, which
requires them to discuss general social issues, learn about their profession
by contacting appropriate people, how to write reports properly and how to
present a seminar.

        The ASEG and Curtin are supporting a Mentor's Program so that each
student will have an industry mentor, who will give them some idea of
real-world responsibilities and tasks as a geophysicist, and will provide
professional guidance with future decisions they make. A mentor would
occasionally meet with their allotted student (perhaps no more than twice
during the year), with a view to developing the student's interests in the
profession of geophysics, through that mentor's industrial experience.

        This year is special because both Saudi Aramco and PDO (Oman) are
sending a total of 10 students to study at Curtin. Being a mentor of such
students may provide the opportunity of developing a relationship with the
overseas companies, apart from developing a mutual understanding of the
customs and ways of the Middle East. In total, we have 33 first year
students. During the first semester, we will have a mentors BBQ for students
to meet mentors and get to know each other. We would also appreciate your
company hosting a visit by these students.

        I ask you now to volunteer to be a mentor by sending me an email with
your:
        Name:
        Company name:
        Petroleum or Mining company:
        Work telephone number:
        Specific preference or request:
        Whether your company would be able to accept a visit (on a Tuesday
afternoon 3.30-4.30pm) by these students:

        Many thanks for your help with this program.