Bill,

Question for you. On my PBK19 I had substituted 6 inch aluminum channel in
place of Mr. Blandfords 6 inch piece of ash with 1/2 inch brass strip
wrapped around it(which wraps around the outside of the halved ends).
Anyway, I had halved all the gunwales and stringer pieces. There is no way I
can fold this thing without substituting a plain butt joint in the middle
somewhere (in other words, cutting the halved ends flush), and perhaps
installing a hinge somehow. The only way I can do it is by disassembling by
pushing outwards. This isn't all that easy either. Of course with the skin
on it would be impossible to fold/unfold.

I think the puffin uses the piece of ash with brass strip on the gunwales,
and homemade brass channel on the stringers. How in the world do you unfold
this thing?

Paul