Hi,

I'm interested to see if you can achieve the mixture of dynamism and
C compatibilty within the same source language.

Yes, that's a key goal I'm trying to accomplish.  I guess time will
tell.

Hi,

Have any of you boys looked at the type systems involved to do this sort of thing ?

Implementing compile time static typing for a runtime typed system is not that easy.

So far it looks like there are two main techneques, soft typing and gentle typing.

Mixing a C typing system with multimethods or even straight dynamic dispatch is no mean feat.

I have been looking into this area and it is far from simple. If anyone has any leads in this area they would be more than welcome.

Regards,

Aaron