Hi Alan,

just out of curiosity: I am wondering why VPRI is not aiming at a more
community oriented style of innovation. Do you think the communcation
effort is not worth the cost since you do not gain enough or even loose
some freedom and / or speed by discussing archictural concepts more
publicly? Does this imply that in your opinion open (source) projects
only work (good) if there is something to be build incrementally (like a
bazaar).

I am also asking since I am interested in innovation through open
communities. I am wondering why there is not more discussions (which I
am sure you have internally at the VPRI) brought onto lists. Maybe one
could discuss not only the implementation but also concepts behind the
design?

Having a daytime job I know that sometimes catching up with a lively
community is a challenge, on the other hand seeing where things are
going and maybe also join forces in early stages might be interesting,
no? For instance there could be other people doing PoC work.

Thanks,
Jakob