On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:12 PM, John Nilsson <j...@milsson.nu> wrote:

> Is static types really  an intensic property of the language? In my mind
> any language can be statically typed. It is just more or less hard to do.

Again, please read Gilad Bracha's position paper.  He concisely enumerates
the ways in which a decision to make a statically typed language inherently
affects the design of other parts of the language.  Similarly, a
dynamically-typed language will allow design decisions that rule out static
typing.  He does a good job giving examples of the sorts of interactions
that may occur.
  --scott

--
      ( http://cscott.net )