Hi Carl

I've always wished that we had gotten around to doing Smalltalk-71 -- which in
many ways was a more interesting approach because it was heavily influenced by
Planner -- kind of a "Planner Logo" with objects -- it was more aimed at the
child users we were thinking about. ST-72 did the job at a more primitive level.

P.S. The characterizations of ST-71 and ST-72 in your paper are not quite
accurate  -- but this doesn't matter -- but it is certainly true that we did
not put concurrency in at the lowest level, nor did we have a truly formal
model (I wrote the first interpreter scheme using a McCarthy-like approach --
it was a short one-pager -- but I wrote it as a looped sequential program
rather than metacircularly because I wanted to show how it could be
implemented).

Cheers,

Alan